Tuesday, April 18, 2006

An ode to frappe

I love thee oh orange ice.
Your delectable flavor is as rosebuds at dawn.
I love thy coolness in the hot summer day and night
And I love thy sweetness in the cold winters night.

Truly thou art magnificent and wonderful
Who but thou has a wonderful taste concoction of orange and pineapple (and sugar)?
Who but thou hast the glorious color in the dish, bowl, cup, or bucket?
Who but thou hast the ability to return me to the days of yesteryore when all was right with world?

Bless thee, oh frappe for your simplicity and complexity


This post was composed by Josh and Philip after Josh enjoyed a bowl of Oahu Frappe. If you have not had the opportunity to try this I am sorry for you. Truly frappe is the nectar of the gods (even beating Mountain Dew or coffee or espresso or latte or frappucino or tea or matte or water or steak)

And noooooooooooooooooooooooooow
(to be read in an alternatingly nasal and basso profundo voice - preferably with an East Swahili accent)

Useless Words

So long as we speak the same language and never understand each other,
So long as the spirals of our words snarl and interlock
And clutch each other with the irreckonable gutterals,
Well . . .


By Carl Sandburg

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ur messed up. Nothing can be better than a moche frappuchino!!!!:)

jaron said...

Shannon, you have never had frape, you are obviously in the wrong. plus your a freshman

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong w/ being a freshman. Besides freshmen have more fun :P!!! ;)

oneweekend said...

1. You don't know how stupid freshman are until you no longer are one.

2. How dare you connect frape with the anti-christ? That is like saying that there will be a dean's office in heaven. Frape represents all that is good, and holy in this world. I think it is what Jesus will use to draw all men to him. Seriously. Besides, Sam Walton probably doesn't even know about frape yet.

- sent to serve - said...

Josh, you might just have to introduce Shannon to frapes, although i know that she'd say there are too healthy to be good because they have fruit in them. Poor freshman. Lol. New kids trying to fit in and all they get is picked on. ;-) I'm thinkin maybe next year at school I'll go undercover so I don't get labeled as a stupid freshman. :-)

cassiopeiarl said...

Dale, your comment was absolutely the funniest ever. Equating frape and the anti-christ with a dean's office in heaven. Pure genius.
And, Frape IS the nectar of the gods.

Slim said...

I've never had frape, but because you all swear by it, I will get some ASAP.

Dale, your comment made me laugh so hard, that even with my door closed, people down the hall heard me, and came to check on me because they thought I was in pain with all the laughter that expounded from me. No joke. Now that was a comment to stop posting/commenting over.

jaron said...

Slim, the only way you can get frappe (the actual correct spelling which I just found out - sorry blogging world) is to get the recipe from me and have your mom make some or come to my house sometime when we have it (note: you have to come for the meal that its served at because we go through a gallon bucket of the stuff in two days [i'm not exaggerating at all and if matt was around it wouldn't even last the night]).

Anonymous said...

I think I have this figured out. It's b/c the freshmen are getting all the ridicule for being stupid, that the upper classmen don't get teased for their stupidity :P :)

Anonymous said...

Shannon, obviously since you continue to make freshman comments when no one is really replying to you, just goes to prove that you are in fact a freshman.
Never compare frappe to anything. And a mocha frappachino? That is not even in the same galaxy.

- sent to serve - said...

Frappe Lover--As Shannon's older sister, I'll be the first to tell you. She is 100% freshman. No doubt about it. :-)